Where to go to file a complaint or find help

The vast majority of situations involving rights to emotional support animals and service dogs can be resolved relatively simply. However, you may encounter a situation where you need some backup or you need to file a complaint. Here's a list of some resources that may help if this happens:

If the problem involves your housing:

If the problem involves public access with your service dog (restaurants, government offices, etc.) NOT INCLUDING AIR TRAVEL:

If the problem involves air travel with your service dog or emotional support animal:

If the problem involves employment:

For any of the above problems, The federal government's Job Accommodation Network has an extensive list of legal resources which lists some resources that can be utilized not only for employment issues but also housing and public access (e.g., a list of attorneys practicing disability law).